View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by markT4 View Post
Do u guys get better battery life than 4 and a half hours browsing? And how about just for reading a book or pdf with the wifi off, screen brightness at low and all?

I went to a futureshop today. they didn't have the Vox on display but the kobo touch did seem pretty impressive.
I've never browsed for four straight hours. But I am very impressed with the battery life of the Vox. Here is how I use it primarily:

Weekdays: Browsing in the morning before work. On my commute to work I throw it into airplane mode and pop the brightness on the display up (my commute is usually sunny). I read on my commute to and from work and for an hour at lunch. In the evening, airplane mode gets turned off with some sporadic browsing here and there. Then I read for an hour before bed (night more, brightness turned way down). By the time I finish reading, turn it off and plug it in for the night, my battery is still at 75% or better.

Weekends: Airplane mode is NEVER on. Browse the internet throughout the day. Usually take it in and out of sleep mode as I also have a toddler who also requires my attention! Usually import books from Dropbox. Read during nap time and before bed. Battery lasts from the time I wake up to when I go to sleep, though it is usually pretty low at the end of the day (total time, usually around 13 hours battery life).

The only time I have really noticed the battery be quickly drained is when I try to stream video from the internet.
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote