View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #15
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Tell me, what books would acctually need such a compley layout, that ePub would be unable to handle ?
An example that came up in a recent thread....

Yes this is one page, yes the layout is in fact critical to the author's intent.

And yes, textbooks, manuals and other documents definitely need more than what ebook formats can offer.

FWIW it sounds like they also tossed in Whispernet sync, annotations, etc.

I concur that PDF is preferable because it's more standardized. At the same time, I'm not surprised that Amazon preferred to brew up its own format, I can't see them liking the idea of dealing with a competitor's proprietary/closed format.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote