View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #249
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The hidden file hack is needed if you wish to have a large library of thousands of ebooks on your external uSD card and not have Nickel trying to Process the content, forever.
I had some issues with lost bookmarks, when using the hidden file hack on my uSD card. As this hack also wonderfully works on the kobo device as well, I created hidden folders on the kobo's internal memory. Now koreader correctly bookmarks the last reading position. So I think, I have to blame the uSD card.

As a nice side effect this content will not be processed by Nickel. I created some test folders on the device with 5000 books in different subfolders. I found that a maximum of 500 books per folder should not be exceeded, otherwise the file processing would be too slow. Koreader managed 2500 books in one folder, before crashing. Anything between 100-300 books seems to work without flaws and with appropriate speed.

edit: still some issues with remembering bookmarks and style-sheets...

Last edited by trekk; 07-14-2013 at 08:11 AM.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote