View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 01:10 AM   #12
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I think authors of erotica might say that the difference between the two is the presence of storyline and character development in erotica as opposed to just presenting a sexual tableau for the reader.

Both are supposed to arouse the read, but erotica wants to achieve more than just arousal, it wants to allow you to develop a rapport with the characters, to give the events of the story meaning.

Anyway - I'm blah blahing a bit because I've struggled a little with the difference myself.

The next distinction would be the difference between erotica and fiction that happens to have explicit sex scenes.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote