View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 01:45 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
The problem is that the PRS-505 doesn't honor the author-sort field. It does all its sorts by the author's full name, so Isaac Asimov is sorted as I, not A. This is supremely annoying. While it's Sony's fault, I've been hoping there is a Calibre fix for it, one that would swap author and author-sort on transfer or something. Even one that would do it in bulk metadata editing would serve -- I could just swap them, transfer, then swap them back.
You might want to check out PRS+ for your 505 this has a browse by folders option. I attached the sequence that gets you to the folders setup by author like you want. PRS+ is a simple install that gives you quite a few new options including a clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Speaking of bulk metadata editing, while I'm asking n00b questions, is there a way to tell it to strip all tags from the selected files, rather than having to de-tag them individually? PG's epubs have their whole LoC category list as a single tag, which is freaking annoying, and it would save much grief if I could just make them all go away in one swell foop.
You can do a couple of things to make it easier.

1. Get your public domain ebooks from mobileread not from PG. Even if a epub version isn't available here grab the prc version and convert via Calibre.

2. Turn off grabbing tags when fetching metadata. Go to preferences - plugins - metadata download plugins - amazon - customize plugin and uncheck download tags from Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Browse_folders_1.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	48242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Browse_folders_2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	48243   Click image for larger version

Name:	Browse_folders_3.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	48244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Browse_folders_4.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	48245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Browse_folders_5.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	48246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Browse_folders_6.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	48247  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-17-2010 at 01:51 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote