View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 03:43 AM   #45
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
@mzquarter
This might not help you, but I can tell you that on Touch and Glo (both running FW 3.12.0) I can select Japanese text. I put my finger on a character (or on two adjacent characters) and let it there until the dictionary or the highlight/annotation and so on option pops up. Only then I start shifting the beginning or end of the selection if I this is needed.

I would guess that it should work on the H2O too. Maybe you could try to change the font size. If you like, upload one of your converted Aozora Bunko books, and I will try it on my devices. I never tried the AozoraEpub3 converted, does it produce vertically oriented texts? I am asking, since selecting vertically oriented text seems not to work with recent FWs.

Last edited by tshering; 01-14-2015 at 03:59 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote