View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Which is precisely the reason that "an idea" cannot be copyrighted. You can only copyright a concrete expression of that idea, whether it be in the form of a rap song, a symphony, an oil painting, or a book. It doesn't prevent anybody else from having the same idea, as long as they express it in a different form to yours.
Very true. Patents are for ideas, copyrights for expressions. One thing I'd look for is this ruling to be either overturned or judged to apply only to the method used by ReDigi. I can't see it being generally accepted-but I could be wrong. More & more I see the legal system selling out to corporate greed. Potential criminal behavior has only been illegal in the US when corporations have been allowed to make the laws-or court rulings. In all other cases criminal behavior must be proven.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote