View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #159
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaczmilk View Post
Hi, I have a problem with my Kindle Touch and I'm currenlty trying to recover it. Last week I did a hard reset (I've got ~50 book and KT started to run very slow) and after that the only thing I can see is a screen with a man sitting under the tree. Kindle is not booting up.
I tried Kubrick CD following all the instructions. Device is detected, flasking is successful but I'm stuck on the screen when my interaction with Kindle diagnostic mode is necessary. Problem is my Kindle is not booting in diagnostic mode at all. After previous steep Kindle restarts automatically and I see same screen - a man sitting under the tree and reading something - I hope not a Kindle
Any ideas? Thanks.
You're the first person to report this odd behavior. Anyway, you could try to "manually" bring the device into diags mode. On the screen where it says "We need your input now...", leave Kubrick waiting.

1. Press Alt+F2, and login as root (no password)

2. Make sure your Kindle is in USB downloader mode (Same as at the beginning - press power button until LED turns off, press home button in addition, release power, release home).

Then type the following:
Code:
cd /mnt/kubrick
./imx_usb resources/imx_usb_img/diags.bin
That *should* boot the Kindle into diags. If it doesn't, then something is seriously wrong with your device. Please post the output of the above command in that case.

If it worked, press Alt+F1 to get back to the tty with the dialog, and continue from there.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote