View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #46
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
I'm interested in comparing a Sony T2 and the new Kindle side by side. Both should use the same EInk basis. But in case of Kindle there are 2 additional transparent layers (touch-layer & light-layer) on the screen which could degrade the contrast when using no backlight.
A.
Are you sure about that? I assumed that the Paperwhite uses infrared touch like Sony (no extra layer) and that the lighting is provided lights around the edge of the screen (like the nook and kobo?). As such, there should be no degradation in quality. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote