View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #22
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallan View Post
Hitch said->
Before I was working purely in html, I used to put up the Styles Box and use Options-display styles in use and then set it to display fonts, to find out if there were other mystery fonts in play
======

OK to the first half of that sentence... I pop up the Styles Pane with CTRL-SHIFT-S... and view the Styles in use...

But I don't see any way to display fonts... is that feature some where else?

Thanks for a very informative post!

CJ
Hey, there you are, Ceej:

Thought I'd lost this post for a moment. I'd have to boot up Word 2003--you work in that, right? I work in 2010, so to speak (for that nano-second before exporting it). Ok, I booted that baby up, and in the Styles box, down under "Show", choose Custom. From there, if you choose "Formatting in Use," and check (in the popup box), "Default Paragraph Font" and in the "Other formatting" section, click "Font Formatting" as well as Paragraph Level formatting, and Bullets & Numbering formatting, I think you can avoid any pitfalls. We are working on a VB clip that will help me do some of this automatedly--in fact, with the help of someone I met here--but for someone who can take the time to do this by hand, this works fine.

See this Screencast screenshot I did for you in 2003: http://screencast.com/t/GCrgjV2bBQ

If you're using 2010, using "save as" and Compatibility mode, let me know and I'll show you where to find it in 2010. I highlighted the Britannic Bold I put in there to display what would show up for any/all fonts used in a document, which should (famous last words) keep you from being bit in the glutes with files like the one you posted, or the "real" one like the one you posted. As I said, humorously, I had one exactly like that, that same night as your post.

Hope that helps?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote