View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Oh, yeah, bite that poisoned apple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
I certainly have. I've visited it non-stop for months, waiting for them to get over themselves. Here's the list that you have to get past BEFORE you even get the application:

Quote:
Requirements for Distributing Content on the iBookstore

Technical Requirements:
•An Intel-based Mac running OS X 10.5 or later
•At least 1 GB RAM
•QuickTime 7.0.3 or later. This is so you can encode and deliver content using our dedicated software.
•At least 10 GB of available hard drive space (more for larger catalogs) is recommended.
•A broadband internet connection with an upload rate of 128 kbps or faster is recommended.

Book Content Requirements:

•ISBNs for all titles you intend to distribute
•You must be able to deliver your book content in EPUB format, passing EpubCheck 1.0.5.
Financial Requirements:
•A US Tax ID
•A valid iTunes Store account, with a credit card on file
•Apple does not pay partners until they meet payment requirements and earning thresholds in each territory. You should consider this before applying to work directly with Apple as you may receive payments faster by working with an Apple-approved aggregator.
If you meet these requirements and want to proceed, click Continue.
Got Mac? I sure don't. :-( The rest doesn't faze me, I got over the whole epubcheck thing a while back.

Plus, their minimum payment thresholds are quite high, for the average midlist author; I think it's $500 in any given month, although they'll break down and send it to you if you don't reach $500 after a year. My clients' heads would absolutely pop off their wee necks and do the Exorcist Dance to wait that long for their ducats.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote