View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 01:39 AM   #21
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
These look like beautiful reading devices, but I have to say that at $500 for the lowest priced readers, I can't see the marketability.

But then, I'm not as well-heeled as a lot of people so my perspective probably doesn't amount to a lot.
They make great devices, but yes, they should have bought a copy of "marketing for dummies". The ridiculous price for the European 800S is one example, the fact that they never lowered the price for the 1000S, never introduced WiFi for the DR reader series are more of the same. Not delivering firmware that enables use of the 3G modem via 3rd party SIMs. The list is endless.

Flexibility never was a strong suit of companies that are run by engineers. I ran into many similar cases. Engineers tend to think that their products are so good that customers will pay any price -- it is just that sales and marketing people are too stupid to explain that to the buyers.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote