View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #39
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Okay, excuse my ignorance. American here. What is "Marmite?"

And I LOVE 'chips', (I think we call them french fries here) with mayo.
I keep forgetting about the language difference! Yes - UK chips are fatter french fries. US chips are crisps in the UK. I think. Thin crunchy savoury potato snack, anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Marmite is made from yeast extract, a by-product of beer brewing, and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

Oh. My. God. Does it taste anything like peanut butter?

What would you compare it to?
It tastes nothing like peanut butter.

Umm.... taste. Have you ever drunk Guinness? Imagine that reduced down to a paste, with salt added and the alcohol removed, and it probably tastes nothing like it. But it's the closest I can think of! It's yeasty and salty and savoury, and, umm... I'm in the "love it" camp!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote