Thread: Outlines?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #29
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
[...]If you don't outline, how do you cope with things like research?[...]
With difficulty. It depends on the situation. If you need the detail in order to keep writing then you are forced to stop and research, but mostly I try to leave a note to myself in the text and research it when I come back. Once I know that a character is going somewhere, then I will generally take time-out to read from a variety of sources before proceeding much further - there is a randomness to this that sometimes adds surprises.

My biggest problem is not having the money to actually travel to all the places that my characters need to go - but I imagine that's a problem that most of us face (even more so if you write sci-fi or other-world fantasy ).
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote