View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #29
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Argh - please not Middlemarch! Is it seriously nearly 1000 pages? There's no way I can factor that in to any reading plans for quite a while.

If the tidal wave pushes Persuasion to the front I believe I will finally read my first Austen. At around 200 pages it's probably a gentle introduction.

(but I'd really prefer Old Man and the Sea - or The War of the Worlds - or The Call of the Wild - hint hint)

Just for the sake of conversation though, Ivanhoe and The Three Musketeers would be on my TBR list as well. I just don't have a timeline for it. I've decided that I need to re-read all the classics that I read "younger reader" versions of when I was a young whippersnapper.

I'm trying to remember what they all are, but they would include (I think):
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
- Ivanhoe
- A Tale of Two Cities
- The Three Musketeers
- Treasure Island
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (scheduled this for 2013)
- Robinson Crusoe

There might be one or two more.

I decided I wanted to honour these books because looking back I have fairly strong memories of these books kindling the passion I have for reading. I still remember the enthusiasm with which I devoured them way back then.

It's about time I read them as they were supposed to be read.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote