View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetcop View Post
Amazing work! I wish I'd waited for this, I'll bet it would have fixed mine up in its earlier, non-black-screen-of-death state immediately!
You should be able to recover from that "black death" by using MfgTool to get to fastboot mode, then using fastboot to flash mmcblk0p2_ssh.img to the diags partition, then booting diags and exporting the USB drive to copy mmcblk0p1 on it, then starting an SSH shell and using dd to copy the /mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img to /dev/mmcblk0p1, then finally by running the factory_restore script.

I pretty much described the entire recovery process for even a severely bricked kindle in that one sentence. It takes a little linux knowledge to fill in the missing details.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote