View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 02:09 AM   #13
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruSimon View Post
Yeah, the $35 price is a mistake but that's okay for now, since it badly needs edits (working on it now) and I don't want you to pick it up. The prices have to do with it not COSTING me every time someone buys it. Kindle makes it easier, and soon I'll be changing that 3rd book to something more reasonable, but hey - it's a bit over 800 pages long - I've gotta keep it from costing me! Please hang in there - book 1 is available in hard copy right now if you're interested, though Kindle is always cheaper. You CAN get an ereader for your PC by the way.

Do try it - the story is complex and entertaining - and discusses issues everyone thinks about, from the nature of love and relationships, to power and politics, and even the nature of God. There's a lot of laughter in it, too.

Forgive my "Newbie" mistakes, guys! I take instruction from you!
I'm sorry for sounding mean, but you shouldn't publish a book before the editing is complete and then count on a $34.95 price to keep people from buying it. That makes you seem unprofessional. You're better off waiting to publish it when it's complete.

Your books are still too much money, in my ever humble opinion. As a comparison you can buy Elizabeth Moon's The Deed of Paksenarrion (1040 pages, 3-novels-in-one) in trade paperback for $13. New, not secondhand. You can get the ebook for $6. I'll give you that this is an older book but I still have my original copy I bought way back when it was first published, and it was only $7.99 then.

-Marcy, Meanie
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote