View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #59
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I find the problem with money (and you've illustrated it well) is that it's all too easy for it to take control. You start out with good intentions but then you're talking to a detestable ten-percenter in some restaurant where you'd never eat normally, drinking expensive water and listening to some drone go on about potential markets and numbers as though it's actually interesting. Then you're slanting your work because you need to get into the YA market (I hate that classification with a passion. The most insulting two letters in the English language today). Then you're on some talk show answering the questions of some dead-eyed insipid creature with too much make-up and too little brain. Before long you're extremely rich and living in some mansion with an indoor swimming pool and a brainless ex-playboy model who only thinks about sex and pleasuring you in...hang on!

Stop it, you'll start liking it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
EDIT: The Spain stories I want to put out as a collection in the future. I have so many I want to tell. Like the one about the lonely fisherman me, my dad and uncle sat with one night until three in the morning sharing sangria, cigarettes and stories. Or the insect I met walking back one night from the town, which was the biggest thing I'd ever seen and was almost human in its reaction to me. Or the storm I witness one siesta when the whole town was deserted. Or the ones about my grandfather...there are hundreds of them.
Can't wait. I can already smell grass dried from the scorching sun, for some reason
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote