View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #17
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Good point, arivero. I don't know how that 'rights for Europe' works, perhaps it's a timed thing?

And you are quite correct that e-Ink controls the patent on, um, e-ink. And I suppose you could argue that Sony couldn't have a monopoly on e-readers, because of all the other e-readers (i.e. eBookwise, et.al.) already out there.

And you're also correct that monopolies don't really apply to the discussion -- I was too quick in my post, and didn't think it out like I usually prefer to do, sorry.

Maybe Sony just isn't afraid of the competition. From the looks of the Kindle, I think I wouldn't be.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote