View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #111
ichrispa
Enthusiast
ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi everyone.

I am having a severe problem with using calibre 0.9.19 with my Kobo Touch (FW Versions 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.4.0) using driver version 2.0.5. I haven't found any reference to this issue though, so I suppose the problem might be somewhat unique to my configuration.

What happens is quite simple: If I use Calibre to update/modify anything on the kobo, the database get's shot. Usually, this is not really obvious, as the books are being loaded onto the Kobo correctly.

However after some time the KT starts getting "weird", as in for example not being able to delete books, no series information being visible anymore or even books not being opened.

In all cases after connecting the KT to calibre and uploading/modifying books, the database is being corrupted. Running
Code:
.pragma integrity_check;
always fails with multiple errors.

The KT database version is 69. I suppose this might be the cause of the problem, as the driver documentation says something about being able to support versions "up to 75".

Settings for the driver are:
  • Read Metadata from files on device.
  • Use subdirectories.
  • Set series information.
  • Attempt to support newer firmware.

Any ideas as to what might be the cause of this?

Kind Regards,

ichrispa
ichrispa is offline   Reply With Quote