View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #91
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Nate.. hmm.. maybe you are right that there isn't a monetary 'ripoff' going on in the immediatre sense.. (And I apologize deeply, i read my own post and it looks extremely self righteous. Och. My bad. I didn't mean to come across like that...)

But! I suspect very strongly that if there were no ebook available of HP7.. You would, (If you wanted to read it bad enough without waiting for a library version that she got 'paid' for because the library bought it from her,) save your money, its only 20 bucks or so... And buy it. She really does lose sales when people download the book and read it rather than buying it.

I willl concede that if people buy the book, then get a pirated ebook version There is then NO economic loss to her or the publishers. (Laying aside for the moment the criminal action of breaking the law when you download it illegally)

And yes. I have downloaded books illegally from the internet. They are ridiculously easy to find. Just recently I deleted all of them when i realized i had walked the wrong road.

There are books I want badly on my reader and cant get. The Stand is one... Not on Sony Connect... OK then.. I have to live without it on my reader because S. King, who TOTALLY controls his work and has every right to do so, chooses not to sell it as an e-book. (That is if I want to be on the right side of the law....)

No matter how you look at it... It is illegal and if you download books illegally, You ARE a lawbreaker.. That said... You could call me a lawbreaker because I went 85 MPH on my Bike coming home from work the long way this afternoon so I'm not trying to stir up a hornets nest and insult anyone who does illegally download books. (Or speed or cheat on taxes etc. etc. etc...)

Its just an interesting argument to me and if we met and you showed me any books on your reader you may or may not have I would NOT judge you ar thing any worse of you.

We all have to live with our consciences and every one of us has a log in our own eye as we yell at the splinter inj our brothers eye (To quote Christ)

Roy