View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #53
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I would not agree with the abstinence only education plan, however, I feel that it is the parents' job to educate their children and that the school system should work as an extra resource. As I have already stated, I don't want someone handing my son and daughter a box of condoms or telling my daughter that if she were to get pregnant that abortion is a consideration without discussing it with her parents. Ultimately, it is best to find a median and work from there. As an educator, it seems that in the last decade, our job discription has grown to include character education, sex-ed, etc., areas that in the past had been predominantly done at home, although I will admit that most parents are uncomfortable discussing sex with their children. In my case, although my mother was a nurse and did explain the facts of life to me, I learned more from friends than I did from her. I was much more open with my children when it came to that discussion. Of course, my daughter explained that she already knew everything I was telling her but she appreciated my attempts. Young people today are much more wordly than I was at the same age and I can't imagine that Bristol Palin and her young man and had not been aware of alternative birth control methods. Regardless of Sarah Palin's views, the ultimate responsiblity fell to the two people involved. The fact that she became pregnant at the age of 18 should not have been fodder for late-night comedians or political pundits. These children made an error in judgement that will effect the rest of their lives and should have been left alone to deal with the magnitude of that change without being judged in the public arena.
I think we're pretty much on the same page.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote