View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #52
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
I never made a comment about open-source textbook as being good or bad. There are a lot of open-source journals if by open-source people mean free. The English Server has long hosted many free open-source journals. Check it out. I used to be part of the department that produced The English Server.

I don't know if all those comments were directed to me, but they seem to be given how you started your post. But I could be wrong.
If, as you say, open-source means free then it has a quite different result than if open-source really means open source like it does with software. I guess words mean what I choose them to mean, nothing more and nothing less. I heard that somewhere I think

I would suggest that you not take general comments personally in a forum. This can lead to all sorts of problems that in reality do not exist.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote