View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #47
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I think that with a large enough display (and I'm talking 17"+ connected to a laptop) - ebooks could be very useful. My husband, a university professor who writes research papers in English as a second language - absolutely loves using technical ebooks and texts. He annotates the PDFs, has a dictionary open to look up words, writes alternate proofs or whatever and "clips" them to pages and so on. He just bought a second monitor to extend the process.

I'm certain he'd enjoy a portable reader to carry around to classes and such, but it'll have to wait for a larger, flexible design (and sold in Europe!).
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote