View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Just started picking up the Shames books from Kobo. Virgin Heat downloaded as a zip file instead of an epub. No epub in zip file. Can't side load it. Never had this happen before. Did an on-line chat with Kobo which wasn't helpful.

Is my best option just to convert to epub in Calibre?

Edit: all books except Florida Straits and Scavenger Reef downloaded as Zip files from Kobo (I already own Sunburn and Tropical Depression), but they converted beautifully in Calibre. Kobo wanted to give me my money back for Virgin Heat when I contacted them before trying the Calibre fix, but I told them to forget it - I wanted to keep the zip file. A few minutes later my credit card company fraud division called because Kobo tried to send several charges for .01, no doubt as a prerequisite for an unwanted refund (I used a gift card).

Love Kobo, but I'm making a note never to contact the help desk.
Good to know about the zip files. I've never had that happen either.

As far as the 1 cent charges, those were for your purchases. Even though you are using a gift card they still (probably automatically) check your credit card every time you make a purchase. The way around this is to just not leave a credit card on file with them (just delete the card every time after you buy a gift card).
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote