View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndx View Post
I tried them both out again last night and I see that since B&N's epub update they've changed a number of things and removed several features - including tap to page turn. I understand the difference in the rating now.

I'd suggest keeping a backup copy of and the eReader installer. Up until the B&N epub update, these were essentially identical programs. If they get around to updating the eReader software....

I'd consider using the eReader software more but it and the updated B&N version suffer from the same problem. They have to paginate the book every time you open the book, twice since there isn't an option to start full screen. IIRC Stanza suffered from this problem as well the last time I tried it.

I'm gonna have to give Mobipocket a whirl today. It's been awhile since I've had it installed and I don't recall what I thought about it.
I noticed last night that eReader seems to run more quickly and loads eBooks faster while B&N does take a long time to paginate a book. I realize they both go back to PDA roots when PDAs ran very slowly and had almost no memory, but both products should be better written for a PC! I'm going to try out Alreader2 today.

[EDIT] After checking out the Alreader website I decide against downloading it. I could find no screenshots of it running on a PC, nor does it seem to support ePub. It looks like it is written more for PDAs and smartphones. [/EDIT]

Last edited by jswinden; 02-14-2010 at 01:48 PM.