View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #101
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm curious. A question for those who never re-read: do you also never listen to a piece of music more than once? If you do, what's the difference with a book?
This is a disingenuous question. There is no similarity between music and reading. One appeals to the intellect, the other to the senses. Why not ask whether those who see no reason to re-read also refuse to eat the same meal twice, or have sex with the same partner more than once.

I have never understood the desire to re-read something. I might not be able to quote chapter and verse, but once I have read something I can describe in detail the plot, the characters, and give a synopsis of the dialogue - even thirty years later. What possible reason could I have for reading it again?

I play music constantly, I am never without it; I cannot imagine a life without music.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote