View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
jphphotography
Zealot
jphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle 3 6" 3G + wifi, Sony PRS-300, iTouch 4G, Galaxy S Vibrant
A little newb help? Launch Calibre via batch file with "Start in tray" modifier

I never was much for batch files, I'm used to doing stuff like this at work with embedded linux systems but not at home on my windows box

Basically what I'm trying to do is create a .bat file that I can stick in my windows start folder so that when the PC is turned on it'll automatically open Calibre but minimized to the system tray.

I created an "enhanced feature" ticket on the Calibre site asking if this could be added to the gui but the reply was to call the program using "calibre --start-in-tray". Thats all fine and good but I need a little with the batchfile syntax. To complicate matters more I'm actually at work right now and cannot try this out.

Would it be as simple as this:
Start C:/Path/to/calibre.exe calibre --start-in-tray

or

Start C:/Path/to/calibre.exe --start-in-tray

Any info would be greatly appreciated
jphphotography is offline   Reply With Quote