View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
I am curious about your iphone data comment. Isn't pretty much any phone that is decent for reading on going to have a data issue? As anything with a decent enough sized screen for reading would be classified as a 'smart' phone - email, internet, etc. No?

Not doubting you, just curious.
I had the same thoughts, and am also curious about the answer. Why would getting the iPhone be any more expensive than any other similar 3g device?

Is there something about the iPhone that does the job differently? I know that iPhones have a tendency to keep making small unexpected data calls - which make it look a bit like ET trying to phone home every few hours - but they don't seem that critical if you have the right plan. We ended up disabling some of the features that we didn't use on ours, not because it blew the cost out badly, but because it was kind of irritating to see a steady stream of unexplained small data calls. However, I'd thought that most 'smart phones' might have a similar pattern of behaviour and cost. Is that not so?
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote