View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Chaucer, Geoffrey: The Canterbury Tales. v1. 12 July 07

Well, I'm not a Middle English expert -; I don't even know who translated this into "current" version, but it sure wasn't Spike Jones.

I had a lot of trouble with this: TITLES would not give me page breaks. There are a number of fragments, of course, since Chaucer did not finish his masterpiece, so please don't think I inadvertently cut something. I also, to err on the safe side, created a page break for every single title, because of the problem with the TITLES attribute. I did go over every CHAPTER and they now begin on a new page.

I have those hanging TOC lines, but some chapters are really long and there's a bug (or a non-implimentation?) in TOC so that I can't change to a different attribute and...well, some of you may know the story, so I won't rehash it here.

I don't know how well this version reads, but I'm going to load it onto my Reader and give it a try.

I had trouble finding a version that looked complete and was in one piece, as was this version.

I IMPLORE YOU: IF YOU SEE SOMETHING WRONG, LET ME KNOW ABOUT IT SO I CAN TRY TO FIX IT. I KEEP ALL BACKUPS OF MY WORKING FILES.

I hope you enjoy this.

Don

P.S.: This version (and my formatting) I know isn't the cleanest looking version. Any suggestions will be helpful. It almost looks like a mess, due to the combination of poetic and prose elements. PLEASE LET ME KNOW, and I'll try to make it look better.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Chaucer, Geoffrey - The Canterbury Tales.lrf (839.9 KB, 1529 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-12-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote