View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Sorry, if you are looking for self-pubbed recs, I can't help. I'm looking back over my list, and realizing that I almost never pick up self-pubbed Regencies, and when I have, they are usually lighter, not darker. I would recommend Laura Landon - she's published by Montlake now. I read one of hers, Shattered Dreams, that was quite good.
Ooh, deception and an "imperfect" heroine. I want it already.

"Indie" e-press authors are fine, too. Although the definitions of "indie" get vague when an author is published by an ebook publisher. I wouldn't consider Samhain authors "indie," but maybe some would? And what about publishers backed by big presses, like Carina or the new Loveswept line? And of course, I'm sure Montlake is too big to be indie, but at least they tend to keep the prices lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I'm also hoping for a price drop on Emma Locke's books, specifically her second, The Problem with Seduction. They sound good and feature former courtesans, but they are at the top of my price range for an unknown self-pubbed author and I have too many other books on the TBR mountain.
Hurray for books with former courtesans!
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote