View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #48
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Second the Santiago recommendation. The "Virgin Queen" is a pretty strong female character as I recall, as is the assassin whose moniker I forget, and the books are a light, fun read overall.

Resnick's books used to be available in e-format DRM-free via Fictionwise, but lately they've gotten picked up by some company called ZappTek which DRMs them (and charges more, to boot; I still kick myself for not buying from FW when I had the chance and they had the discount coupon).

He also has some non-Santiago books available at much better terms via Baen's Webscriptions.
The first book in his Penelope Bailey series is here at Baen. I rather enjoyed the series; it was very light and fast-paced and fun. Keep meaning to read the Santiago series and haven't gotten around to it yet.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote