View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #159
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbominableDavid View Post
I've always been a little bothered by "quoted quotes" in epubs - when you've got a character speaking, and he's quoting something else. Having a double quote followed immediately by a single quite looks pretty bad, to me; it looks like a triple quote in most epubs I've seen. Putting a space between the double quote and single quote also looks pretty bad to me.

It occurred to me on my drive home this morning that I could fix that with css.

Code:
.space
{margin-left: 2pt;
}
I've done this before now. I think it's probably worth the trouble. I'd also urge you to use 'proper' quotes in your ebooks, i.e. “” and ‘’.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote