View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #37
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourl29 View Post
(ignoring your irony in the first sentence)

I still think quite a few here -although most certainly the minority- are paid shills from various companies. Or have some sort of vested interest or other. Nothing that's that much wrong about that, it's all over the web these days.

I 've had other members accuse me of shilling for amazon, I don't mind. As if amazon would hire people to do such blatant marketing in forums.

The fact that I registered close to the kobo releasing a new device and started criticizing it, has a simpler explanation. I 've been reading the forums on and off for a few years, and I happened to be reading some tech news site which reported on kobo's upcoming product.

Which again brought me here to the mecca of ereaders, and I thought might as well register this time. And because I 'd almost got mislead the other time and bought the kobo glo, something I 'd had dearly regretted with much frustration brought over by their mickey mouse software and customer service, I thought I might as well get a few points across to forewarn others.

There really is/was no contest between the glo and the paperwhite, and I don't know why I hadn't gotten that impression by reading the forums before my purchase. It seems if this thing was in part orchestrated by some, it was indeed very successful. The aura is another story, added ppi and real estate are very, very welcome to allow someone to put up with everything else that is poor otherwise, especially so the software, the customer service, the touch screen, kobo's store and, to a lesser extent, their light implementation.

I am still probably going to buy a kobo mind you for the added screen real estate and the higher ppi. I 'd love to have a look at it. But I am 100% sure whenever anyone else comes up with a similar screen I 'll ditch it.
i take it by your love of amazon (and that you say the nook is in 2nd place), as well as your copious use of mickey mouse, that you are american. live in another country with no american address and then repeat what you said. i dare you.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote