View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #65
arikfunke
Enthusiast
arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: iRex
Great! I just wanted to hear that I was not simply too dense to get it working properly. - However, if you feel motivated to do some coding, may I offer my personal "wish-list" for input?

Given that the screen refresh is not too fast, I am not sure many people will be using it as a replacement for a normal keyboard but rather to send single keys to control one particular application? What you you think? How do you intend to use it?

--- As an asside:
I want to use kindlevncviewer on a sailing boat: I have a laptop that runs some navigation & mapping software. Unfortunately it needs to be plugged into the boat's communication network, is "heavy", does not like to get wet and is not sunlight-readible. - So it has to remain in the cabin.

I want to use kindlevncviewer to display the mapping software when I am outside. However I would like to send keys to pan the map for example, or to zoom in/out.
---------

For me it would thus be great if one could define "input macros". E.g. when pressing the key "l" I would like kindlevncviewer to send 10 times the key "left arrow".

Also very useful would be the possibility to link mouse-click commands to a key. E.g. key "a" --> "single mouse click on host display at position (X,Y)"

This would allow creating "keyboard shortcuts" for controlling a particular application without having to go into windows menus, wait for refreshes, etc.

What do you think?
arikfunke is offline   Reply With Quote