View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 10:15 PM   #10
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Just some news about the breviary. There are two companies, one in the UK, the other in the US, that publish English editions of it. I wrote to Collins in the UK (a division of HarperCollins, which is owned by Murdoch's NewsCorp). I asked about the possibility of an English electronic edition. The e-mail was quite specific, leading me to believe it was written by a human being, thus proving it wasn't totally an American corporation. Saying how difficult rights are on such texts, they said it would probably be better for them to have a regularly downloadable subscription service for it or some sort of daily updated website with the texts than to publish the books in toto, in electronic form. Disappointing, but not unexpected, as it is often within the rights of liturgical texts for excerpts to be printed, but not whole or significant parts of books.

As for the US edition in English, I have yet to hear from the Catholic Book Publishing Company. As of yet, they have *nothing* in electronic form for sale on their website. As far as I know, they're the only publisher of the full, four-volume set in English in the US.

Now, on to the Latin, I have asked, and I think our pal, Gorrion (who mentioned the almudi.org site above) is persuading the creators of the ISilo version to publish a BBeB formatted version alongside. I have my fingers crossed.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote