View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
When I unplug the Reader from an update it takes a while to go through some internal rearranging/indexing/whatever. I remember many years ago on the old USCD Pascal system where it would always write to the largest contig block of space and the space from deleted files was not reused. At intervals you had to "pack" the disk to remove the deleted space and move everything remaining together. I wonder if something like this is happening on the Sony.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote