View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 03:24 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkyosan View Post
The other syntax
Code:
<idx:infl><idx:iform value=""/></idx:infl>
isn't compatible with hiragana (I think), so I don't know what to do.
This syntax is compatible. It works with Mobipocket Creator and the current Kindlegen version. For example, you could use the following syntax:

Code:
<idx:entry name="japanese" scriptable="yes">
   <idx:orth>猫<idx:infl><idx:iform value="貓"/><idx:iform value="ねこ"/><idx:iform value="ネコ"/></idx:infl></idx:orth><br/>
   chat (m)
</idx:entry>
I've sucessfully tested it with a mini dictionary and a Japanese test file that only contained the characters 猫 and 車 (and their Kana equivalents).

The tricky part is selecting multiple consecutive characters. I wasn't able to do this with my PW2 even when the GUI was changed to Japanese.
For testing purposes, I inserted regular spaces between Kanji and Kana characters and when I selected one of the Kana equivalents the correct headword was displayed.

For more information on the dictionary syntax also see the Kindle Publishing Guidelines, which describes the dictionary syntax in detail.

Just out of curiosity, do Japanese ebooks contain invisible delimiters (ZWNJ etc.) between lexical units? If so which ones?
Attached Files
File Type: zip ja_dict.zip (6.9 KB, 309 views)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote