View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #81
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Yup, reading and following the advice of all on this thread, I have ensured that I NEVER have more than one instance of Calibre opened at a time. I have checked the files on Dropbox and I see for example a new book added is in fact located on Dropbox. When I open up Calibre on my netbook, I see the book that was added. When I open up Calibre on my desktop, the new book added to Dropbox is not showing up. Shouldn't Calibre pick up there is a new folder with a new book? That is what is confusing me.
Calibre does not detect the new folder. Instead it relies on the metadata.db file having been updated correctly. If you are not seeing the new book that implies the changed metadata.db file has not been replicated locally. That is why it is critical that Calibre is closed on the other machine so that Dropbox can replicate the metadata.db changes.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote