View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
Slash5
Slash5 is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook, Sony PRS-505
Fix for hard returns in converted EPUBs.

If anyone wants to play with it, I've hacked a VB program that removes the hard returns (paragraphs) from converted epub files.
It's not as good as a properly formatted flow but better and easier to read than the double spacing and returns in the middle of sentences.
I've only tried it on Calibre converted epubs. I've just made it for my own use and I'm not really interested in supporting it. You are welcome to the source code if you want it. Otherwise it's an exe and a couple of dll's for the zip handling.

Original page:
"Are they talking about the Adam we know?" Megan

asked.

"Yes," Thad said grimly. "Shh."

The report was being broadcast live at the scene in

Rome. The anchorman in New York asked the field reporter,

"Are doctors speculating on Mr. Cavanaugh's condition

at all?"

Changed to this:
"Are they talking about the Adam we know?" Megan asked. "Yes," Thad said grimly. "Shh." The report was being broadcast live at the scene in Rome. The anchorman in New York asked the field reporter, "Are doctors speculating on Mr. Cavanaugh's condition at all?" "No, they're not. Hospital officials refuse to release any information until Mr. Cavanaugh has undergone a thorough examination and his condition is fully ascertained.

All we are being told at present is that his injury, or injuries, involve the spinal column and appear to be "Was he conscious when he arrived?" "We've had no official confirmation of that, although appeared not to be. As soon as the helicopter arrived he was rushed inside. We'll have more information--" Abruptly Thad reached for the sound knob ant turned it all the way down. He said a word that his two children had been commissioned to ignore and forbidden to repeat. They never repeated it for fear of reprisal-- which didn't seem quite fair since their mom never punished Thad for saying it--but they couldn't ignore it. Not when it practically sizzled off their dad's narrowed lips.
Slash5 is offline   Reply With Quote