View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #20
bobdole
bobdole began at the beginning.

Device: ETI-1150
Smile I got it compiled on a Intel Mac :)

Ok, the main thing I figure would need explaining, is installing libusb; for that, I needed to install OSX Command Line tools. after that, using information from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...sb-on-mac-os-x to setup and install “Homebrew” for Mac OSX, I managed to get LibUSB installed. From then on it was following your instructions for the most part.

My Macbook’s info:

MacBook Pro (Early 2013 Model) w/ Retina Display
Yosemite 10.10.2
I know this thread is old [super old], but it still contains info that pertained to my situation, and I felt the neeed to (hopefully) help the perhaps 1 or 2 other 1150 users, that happen to also have macs haha.

~BobDole~

EDIT1: ok, got my first thing transferred across, lol... only took another 45 minutes or so of screwing around.
First off, I disabled asking for password on sudo; this is extremely dangerous, if you are technically suicical lol, then research it, as it's simple enough, but like I said, very dangerous.
Now, that being said... the bigger issue:
It kept saying "connection refused", I couldn't figure what was wrong; then it hit me... I did NOT "cd /Users/bobdole/Desktop/linreb-0.2/" THEN run linreb, I simply attempted to run

Code:
/Users/bobdole/Desktop/linreb-0.2/linreb
willy nilly (I'm by no means a *nix genius lol, I haven't the slightest idea what to call it), rather then changing to the linreb directory, THEN running linreb.
Doing that and THEN running

Code:
./linreb
fixed everything.

watch, seeing as how I simply downloaded the sample ebook to my 1150, and didn't open it, something crazy'll happen in the meantime haha... let me check...

[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Nope, worked great and again, hope this'll either help someone, or ... someone'll point out something I neglected to mention lol, and I can help them.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-23-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Made Progress
bobdole is offline   Reply With Quote