View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
And that is exactly what I don't understand.

Pick any 20 year old dude / gal who has the basics of HTML and CSS down, give them Sigil and a tutorial, and within half an hour they'll be able to create basic, but clean and good looking eBooks from a text file. It's not that difficult.

"We" (readers) have Sigil, but I assume that "they" (publishers) have something similar. Or maybe the use Sigil too. I have bought some mobi's in the past (when I couldn't get an epub) that were converted to mobi by Calibre, so publishers do use Calibre.
I have seen some publisher eBooks that were run through some version of Sigil. Also some that are run through Calibre. The BPHs mostly use InDesign. The problem (IMHO) comes from the fact that they use a template that creates eBooks in a very poor format.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote