View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #15
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by _savage View Post
Hah! That's why I had put it there: to center an image on a single page Glad I did that right! (But then the width/height crept into the rest of the book.)

However, on the iPad this single page caused an empty page to follow, but I _suspect_ that's because of the "width:100%". (I noticed that the width seemed to refer to landscape/double-page rendered width!)
You're setting the body height to 100% of height of your page, and then any top and bottom margins/padding/border on the body/html elements are added to that, making the total height greater than will actually fit on a page. If you set height to 100%, be sure to zero the margins, padding, and border for the html and body tags, too. (Not that any renderer will realistically set a default value for the border property, mind you—I'm being a little pedantic with that one.)

And be sure to not include any such hacks in actual flowing content.

Last edited by dgatwood; 01-25-2013 at 10:09 PM.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote