View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I am more concerned about something not on your list, the amount of executive level turn-over in the past year or so. The rest of it is noise. For example, Apple is still cool to those who buy its products. Seems to be enough buyers. But the future is directed by a different set of executives right now.

Their latest set of 'retina' MacBooks proves they're still in the hot-hardware groove. To me, only Sony has high-end PC hardware as desirable and they charge MORE for it than Apple.

Where is their next killer product? Not sure. But I'd bet they could do the same thing for smart TV's they did for portable music players, dominate the market. Samsung has had some very sweet smart TV's for a few years now but we're still dealing with multiple apps to access very divided content providers (and Samsung's firmware update process has been icky). Someone like Apple just might have the clout to get more content under one service (iTunes) and provide user-friendly hardware (smart TV) at the same time.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote