View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #15
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Flash 10.3 works quite well for me on Linux. I use it to run the Hulu Desktop software and watch TV with it. Any version beyond that gets sketchy, I'll admit. I'm not sure why anyone would think installing Chrome is the only way to get Flash working in Linux, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silasgreenback View Post
For the time being, Flash is working fine without Chrome's Pepper. The plugin I have is dated June 8th of this year and another one may not come down the pike, but for now all is well.

This super-buggy thing you're talking about...are you referring to Gnash?
Ok, from doing a little remembering, the issue only appears on nVidia GPUs. I saw something technical on it; aparrently the issue is with Flash improperly handling the GPU or something like that. I'm not a programmer so it was all in Geek to me. The gist of the matter was that nVidia had said it was Adobe's problem, and Adobe said there was no problem.

Gnash doesn't seem to have that issue, but it does have other problems like not supporting a lot of features of advanced Flash videos.

As for the thing about Flash and Chrome, Adobe announced that the only way to get an updated Flash player on Linux was to use the version bundled with Chrome.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote