View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #288
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
Can someone with KT 5.1.0 and up who has never installed FontHack help me here? Please extract attached file and open one of two AZW3 files, go to a page that is not sparse (not 1st page) and tell me if alphabets forming worms you see on the screen are connected together or not!
Let's see if there exist someone who saw this thread and hasn't installed yet!

Examples of words:
Connected: شاهنامه
Not connected: ش ا ه ن ا م ه

My hypothesis fact: Before installing FontHack they were connected (look at left picture) but now they're not (look at right picture), so... maybe... ?!
You can do that yourself: take a screenshot. Uninstall fonthack (and possibly the custom freetype, if you installed that). Take another screenshot. Compare the screenshots.

I don't see how merely installing fonthack would change the spacing for existing fonts - because merely installing fonthack essentially does nothing at all. Installing the custom freetype lib might have more impact (hint: you can also install that independently from fonthack). And obviously, setting custom fonts will result in changes (at least for latin characters - I'm not sure if the persian glyphs are affected, or if it simply keeps using the Code2000 font for those).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote