View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
If i hadn't installed the custom kernel, then it would have just resulted in a shutdown? hrmmmmm..... i can only use myts for about 30 seconds, so this should be fun to see how many scripts i can get through in a single cycle of repeating boots....
I do not know the purpose of that "auto selection" of a "primary" kernel on the next boot.

Your machine __probably__ did do a clean shutdown, but when it was next booted - that "flag file" + the custom kernel did not work.

Not being familar with this situation - all I can think of is to break out of whatever is happening.
If there is an "uninstall" for the custom kernel - maybe try getting rid of it.

Note in /etc/inittab that the default runlevel is 2

Read through /etc/rc2.d/* links to ../init.d/* to find out how that "flag file" is being used.

Maybe PM the author of that custom kernel, ask the author for advice.

Hmm...
I have been assuming that you have an off-Kindle copy of the file system to look through.
If not - then maybe someone can give you a link to where to get a copy.
Copies are not directly available at this web-site, but members here can PM you where to get a copy.

Last edited by knc1; 05-03-2012 at 09:37 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote