View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #54
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by danik View Post
you can do it much easier by using mount --bind (then you won't need do go to rw-mode, save old files etc). Something like:
readabilitymod_install.sh
Code:
mount --bind /mnt/us/launchpad/readability_min_utf16.css /usr/share/browser/readability/readability_min_utf16.css
mount --bind /mnt/us/launchpad/readability_min_utf16.js /usr/share/browser/readability/readability_min_utf16.js
and
readabilitymod_uninstall.sh
Code:
umount /usr/share/browser/readability/readability_min_utf16.css
umount /usr/share/browser/readability/readability_min_utf16.js

Hmmm, I have never seen 'mount --bind' before. And I consider myself a fairly apt Linux man. Thank you for sharing. So it is a normal Linux command, one that, I am guessing, when mounted, the file 'takes masks the older one'? Very interesting.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote