View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #1079
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I think the new kobos with 2.1.5 firmware are now excellent, possibly even best of breed, text readers. But they still need lots of love with images. The feature I would most like to see in an update is the ability to open images from an epub to zoom in/out and pan/scroll as needed. Kobo also needs better dithering to give the illusion of smooth grayscale on images. The Sony did it since PRS-650, and Amazon added it to 5.1 firmware in Kindle Touch. I think this is now the only area (besides a few pet peeve bugs and what not) that Kobo software is behind.
rashkae is online now   Reply With Quote