View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by theusualuser View Post
So, I don't know if this is super accurate or not, but I took several formats today and tried to convert them to .fb2 with calibre. I then looked at them using Calibre's built-in viewer, as well as FBreader and STDU Viewer, just to see if any discrepancies popped up.

I found that, for the most part, everything looked like it came over just fine in FB2. LIT came out just fine, as did EPUB and MOBI. TXT had some issues, of course (which have been mentioned above). There was one PDF that I converted that didn't look quite right in STDU Viewer, but in FBreader and Calibre's own viewer it looked just fine.

My question now is this: Does anyone know what kind viewer the various Jetbooks use to view .fb2? I'm assuming that the Jetbook Mini must not use FBreader, since it has no support for EPUB, but maybe the Jetbook and Jetbook Lite do?
It is possible to change the reading software with every firmware update,
so unless it is spelled out (like it is for the Adobe Reader Mobile) you would
have to open up the firmware to be sure. That said; the JBL has usually read
FB2 with an FBReader based program. I think it probably still does, even
though .epub and .pdf are now read with the Adobe program.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote